Tuesday, April 7, 2009

1 Week Left

Jake surfing for the first time:)
It’s amazing how fast time flies.  It has been 5 weeks since my mastectomy and I find myself with only one week left until I go back to work.  To be honest, I’m feeling a bit sad about it.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 weeks, picking up my kids from school, going to Las Vegas, working the book fair, going to ball games, camping at the beach (even did a 6 mile bike ride, too)…etc.  With the exception of the first week after surgery, it’s almost been like a mini-vacationJ.  The first days following surgery were all about physical recovery, with the last 4 weeks being more about mental recovery.  I truly feel like a million bucks and am so thankful for the family and friends who have spent so much time with me.  They have kept life “normal” and I don’t believe I would be where I am today without them.  Life is good!!!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault


No comments: