Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nipples:)

I saw my plastic surgeon today and she removed the final stitch from each side.  Strange as it seems, it was somewhat reassuring to know I was being “held together” by stitches.  Now, it’s up to my body to stay together on it’s ownJ  I may actually experience some interesting nightmares about my scars suddenly opening back up…I will make sure to blog about it when/if it happens!  The doctor told me to come back in 2 ½ months for a check up and to discuss nipple reconstruction.  Hummmm, I don’t know if I want nipples bad enough to undergo another procedure right now.  It really doesn’t bother me much and, hey, no one will ever know when I am cold—so being nippleless might have some perksJ.  Of course, another option is always nipple tattoos.  Well, I suppose I don’t really need to make a decision right now…just something to think about.

"The greatest power that a person 
possesses is the power to choose."


Martin Kohe 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,
I just love the way you write your blog. Happy to hear you are still feeling great. I would love to join you in ANY type of tatooing! I am always up for a crazy adventure! Take care
Love, Lisa Waite

danielle said...

Linda,
You have always had a wonderful spirit and even in the most difficult times it shines brightly. I am glad u are on the road to recovery. Take care of yourself and don't rush the process.
Danielle Travieso

Anonymous said...

It gave me such joy to drop off Traweek's food for your family today. I had the great pleasure of seeing Rick and becoming reacquainted with your parents and a very mature, adorable Taylor. Congratulations to her on the Barnes & Noble award. I hope all wet well with the Open House.

I love reading your blogs! Your honesty and candor are like a breath of fresh air. I continue to marvel at your outlook on life and the way you handle the bumps in the road. Keep up the spirit and the rays of sunshine!

Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda:
I am Leigh Morrison's sister-in-law. I am also a sister of yours :) in a club we never wanted to be a part of! I just had a bilateral mastectomy in Sept w/ one implant and one expander (on the radiated side). I am getting the expander replaced in a couple of weeks and getting nipples and the tattoo areola. I personally know two people who have done the tattoos and nipples and love them. I have seen them and they look fabulous. They both said it really made such a difference in how they felt when they had them on there. Both were on the fence about getting them at first. I think the surgery is very easy and noninvasive. My doctor even said she could do them in the office. Take care and I wish you all the best in the future.
Marianne (mmcniff@surewest.net)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing good. You have a great spirit and outlook. It makes a big difference in recovery. Just know you and all of your family are in our prayers daily. Sending you lots of love.

Christie (your favorite cousin!)
P.S. I didn't know I could blog! Thanks for teaching me!!