Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pathology Report

Dr. Hills just called me with the news:).  The pathology report on my breast tissue revealed that there was no cancer in my right breast at all (thank goodness).  The left breast had one lobular cancer that was 7 mm, and a few lobes with atypical cells within them.  Not technically considered cancer at this point, but might have grown into it later.  They removed all tissue with clear margins and so at this point, it looks like I will not need radiation!!!  Yee haw.  I am a bit nervous about getting too excited, knowing how frequently things seem to change in the "cancer arena", but I believe I may actually sleep with a slight smirky smile on my face tonight.  A huge thanks to the family and friends who have kept me in their daily prayers---wheeeeew!

"Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires-disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way."
Bernie S. Siegel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What great news, Linda! You are a true blessing to all women. Having set an example to your children will enable them to face life's many bumps. It really puts things in the right perspective as we watch you conquer your challenges. Your are on my mind and in my prayers.

Love,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Linda- Hooray! Take the good news and run with it! (Okay don't run quite yet)
I am so glad you are feeling better. One day at a time!

Maree

Anonymous said...

Linda- Hooray! Take the good news and run with it! (Okay don't run quite yet)
I am so glad you are feeling better. One day at a time!

Maree

Kathy Summers said...

What a wonderful relief, Linda! Congrats on the great news and no burning as a bonus - YEAH!!
Kathy