Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home At Last

     Well, I made it:).  I was released Wednesday around 1:00 or so and drove home with the window down trying to enjoy fresh air (and fight nausea).  I believe I am doing well.  When I am sitting, there is relatively little pain to deal with.  As I move around, there is a stiff/soreness that surrounds my middle section.  I think the part that bothers me the most is the 4 drains that hang from my sides.  These drains suction out the body fluids that I manufacture while my body tries to heal.  It's kind of like a blister--your body fills up empty spaces with fluid until the skin can reattach to the tissue.  I do not look forward to the removal of these tubes either, but it's all part of the process.
    Other than that--it's good to be home.  There is something about your own couch, chair, bed, toilet...etc.  I love being around family and friends, and none of them wake me up at 4:00 am to take my vital signs!  I slept pretty good last night and I am trying Tylenol today instead of prescription pain meds because I still feel a bit nauseous at times.  We will see how that one goes though:).  Thanks for all the support, comments, emails, flowers, calls, texts...etc; they have been a source of great comfort the past few days.  

"Damaged people are dangerous.  They know they can survive."
Josephine Hart

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda,

I read your BLOG and was quite impressed with the courage you've displayed through your journey with cancer. It was straightforward and interesting to know what you've been going through the past couple of months. I'm sure it could be a source of inspiration to others facing the same issues.

Just want you to know that I have been praying for you since Mel mentioned to us last Saturday that you were having surgery. Your mom has e-mailed me as well, but I really liked seeing your BLOG.

Know you have the knock-out punch to keep fighting and beating this awful menace known as cancer.

Sending my love,
Jolene Shaw

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda Girl.....

I had no idea!! Wow.....You are just as courageous as you were when we grew up together. Your blog is amazing and your strength is so evident. My family will be so praying for you and your recovery process as well as the well being of your family.

I love to see your X-mas cards every year when we get them to see where life has taken you each year. As much as it is worth.....I am so very proud of you for giving the hope & inspiration to others going through the same thing. You are awesome Linda!!! By the way...the hospital/Starbuck's picture is priceless.

Praying for you in your journey...

The Bailey Family,
Brent, Susan, Brock, Bristol

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read that you are home. After all, "there is no place like home."

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Charlotte

Anonymous said...

HI Linda!

You look terrific! Hurrah for home, family, and YOU! Your sense of humor is wonderful as always and will be a great asset to you on your journey. Take one day at a time and allow yourself some pampering.

God bless you and your family.

Love,
Barbara DeCarbo

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I check in often to see what is going on. You definitely are one amazing person! I can't believe your attitude. Actually I can, it's so you! I guess it's just so neat to watch and know someone like you. We all keep praying you heal quickly. Take it easy for now. This is your time to rest.
Love you,
Sheila