Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Linda's Gems"


I have a teamJ.  Just when I thought I had witnessed all possible forms of support and generosity, I checked my work email and learned otherwise.  One of my coworkers organized a team of people called “Linda’s Gems” to run/walk in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure on March 15.  They are participating in my honor and have raised almost $1,000.00.  That is so unbelievable to me (I might actually be rendered speechless once again).  The outpouring of support from so many during this difficult time makes me step back and shake my head.  It’s hard to describe what it’s like to stand in my shoes, see what I see, and feel what I feel.  It’s definitely not misery, sadness and depression.  I am in awe of people.  I am amazed at the extent that people will go to help and support those in need.  I have been changed by my diagnosis with cancer, of course.  But I believe I am more changed by the people who have rallied around my family, ready to help in any way they can.  I am one fortunate person, and I will never be the same.

 

"A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart."  

Author Unknown


Susan Komen Race for the Cure

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just finished reading your blog. What a happy ending! It sounds like you had some pretty rough times and some amazing spiritual times. You have a great support group with your family and friends and I love the "fight" in your words. You are an inspiration to all women fighting this terrible disease. My thoughts have been with you ever since my mom told me about this. I am very glad that everything has worked out for you. Now, on to the ball fields!

Love
Paige James

Kathy Summers said...

You look great Linda! I'll be there walking on Sunday as a survivor. I will also honor you as a survivor. YEAH! Remember, those scars are survivor scars provided to the strongest and bravest women!Kathy

Anonymous said...

Linda Douglas Karst -
It's Kim (Kleinpell) Jenkins. I got your Christmas card in December and started searching for you. Back then, I had no idea why, but I knew I needed to reach out. I had an old email address but got no response. You also didn't put a return address on the envelope so...didn't know where to send a letter. Got the news from Raquel Vallejo just recently. I want to come and see you when you are up for company. I was reading an old note from you in my yearbook..and well...I would just love to reconnect. I don't know if you're reading these comments or now, but how do I reach you?
Kim
626/483-1416 or
kimsellshomes@sbcglobal.net