Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Can Drive and Shower

Met with the surgeon, Dr. Hills, today and she showed me some stretching exercises to do.  And if I may say so, she was impressed that I was only a few inches away from my goal alreadyJ.  She gave me permission to drive short trips, but best of all, I can now take a shower!!!  No more 3 inch baths for me.  The recovery process continues to amaze me and I can’t help but wonder, “What in the world am I going to do with myself for the next 4 weeks?”  So for now, I will focus on my new exercises and stretching my arms those last few inches…a goal I am determined to conquer within the next few days!

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."


 Mahatma Gandhi


Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

MaryAnne Radmacher

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!! I know how important a shower can be...also the ability to be more independent with your short drives. Keep up the positive attitude and work, you are an inspiration to others.

Have a terrific week!

Teri Isaguirre

Anonymous said...

I continue to marvel at your stamina and strength. I am sooooo proud of what you have accomplished! Way to go, girl! Keep it up!

Charlotte

Betty Bath said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you are doing so well, but then I really expected that you would beat anyone else' records. You've always had that amazing competitive spirit. I'm glad you're back doing some of the things you love. My prayers and love are with you daily. Betty

Anonymous said...

Linda- so glad to see you are getting better and better. I think about you everyday. Remember- cherish the time off!
-Maree