Friday, March 6, 2009

Small Steps


I woke today and actually felt pretty good….even took a 2 inch bath and got dressed all by myself!  Had to take a 40 minute nap when I was done, but oh well, it’s still progress.  I have learned to appreciate all the small steps leading to recovery, and will continue to brag to my family and friends about my huge accomplishments!  And since I am in bragging mode, I will share that I also made myself a cup of coffee today.  Oh, I can tell you are not impressed, but that involved reaching for a cup and opening the refrigerator…now we’re talking!  I met with the doctor today and she removed two of the four drains from my sides.  I imagined it being quite painful, but it really wasn’t so bad.  So, I look to tomorrow, excited about what milestone may be achieved and frankly, just happy to be alive!!!

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts - it's what you do with what you have left."  
Hubert Humphrey  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear the great news!!! Good night and I hope Rick takes a pic of the smirky smile. It is a well deserved one!
Love,
Sheila