Monday, February 16, 2009

Frustration

Ughhh, this process can be so frustrating.  I was scheduled for my second MRI on Friday, exactly within the correct window of my menstral cycle, but when we arrived, they informed us that the machines were “down” and they didn’t know when they would be fixed.  Rick and I waited for 2 hours with our fingers crossed, but the MRI computers were never repaired (and I wasted my anti-anxiety pill, too).  My reaction was, of course, what every mature adult would do---I cried!  They even gave Rick and I a separate room, away from the other customers--I suppose because a crying patient isn’t always good for business:).  I was rescheduled for Monday (and prescribed another pill), but at 7:30 am Monday morning, the Huntington MRI center called to let me know that the machines had stopped working again.  Geez!  At least I didn’t waste my anti-anxiety pill again!  I waited all day to see if they could get them up and going, but it didn’t happen.  I have an appointment at 3:15 on Tuesday, and I can only pray that all technical difficulties will be remedied. I know I will eventually get my MRI completed, but all the waiting can be emotionally exhausting at times.

 

“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man without trials.”

Confucius

No comments: