Saturday, February 7, 2009

MRI Part 2


It came as no surprise that doctors have decided that I need another MRI.  The MRI will be performed next Friday, however, technology is only so sophisticated.  Whether you are speaking of mammograms, sonograms or MRI’s, none are very effective at detecting tumors smaller than 6mm.  The tumor they have found in my breast is most likely smaller than that, and remember, it was found simply by accident as they were trying to grab some calcifications.  I prayed last week that the biopsy would be benign, and part of it was.  But today I can’t help but feel grateful that doctors stumbled upon the cancer.  Had they not, my second tumor may have gone undetected, and could have possibly grown and spread before we even knew about it.  So, as I await my next MRI, I can't help but wonder... "Who was really guiding the doctor's hand last week?"

"Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."
Garth Brooks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite Garth Brooks' songs. It is amazing how we sees God's handiwork in ways we did not even expect to see it.

You must keep that attitude pointed in a positive direction. You are always in my prayers and I know without a doubt that you and your doctors will make the best decisions for you. You are right, those kids are 3 very good reasons to battle and battle you shall. Each of us in our own quiet way is battling along with you. It would be very difficult to defeat an army of PMSing/menopausal women.

Love ya'
Charlotte