Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Diagnosis Day



The following day, my left breast bruised from the biopsy, I went to work. I figured this was the best way to pass the time while I waited until 3:00 to call for my results.  In the back of my mind though, I already knew the results.  Of course, no one was available when I called, so I had to wait until 5:30.  That’s when the phone rang.  Heart pounding, I answered with a chipper hello.  The doctor from Hill Breast Center told me “Unfortunately, your biopsy came back positive for invasive breast cancer…”  She began rattling off information about what to do next, appointments with surgeons, MRI’s…etc.  I kept asking her to repeat what she just said so I could shakily write it down on a paper.  I believe this was the moment I experienced my first real hot flashJ.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Lao-Tze

 

No comments: