Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Roller Coaster Called "Cancer"

A sample of the core biopsy procedure I had today

Following my mammogram appointment, I met with Dr. McNamara to finally decide on my treatment.  Decisions were made, and I left his office feeling at peace with our final choices…or at least I thought they were final.

 

Later in the day I received a call from Dr. Hills regarding my latest mammogram.  “Doctors are confused”, she informed me.  My latest mammogram that was supposed to show the “all clear”, came back with many calcifications (which are often associated with cancer).  None of them were visible in November when we dealt with my first tumor, and doctors are baffled as to where they came from (for once in my life, I don’t want to be different and special:)).  So, off I went back to Hill Breast Center for another biopsy today.  To say my left breast is a bit tender right now would be an understatement.  Now I wait, once again, for results that could possibly change everything.  

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders."

Jewish Proverb



1 comment:

Kathy Summers said...

How frustrating this is Linda. Those biopsy needles are brutal! Cancer is such a scary thing especially when there are unknowns. "A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)I see Dr. Hills tomorrow and I will be thinking of you. Kathy