Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Internet Information

The following day, I hopped on the internet to look up “hormone therapy”.  I was familiar with chemotherapy, but didn’t know much about the other.  As I was browsing through information, something I read made my heart skip a beat.  “Women with breast cancer have an increased risk of uterine cancer”—what??  Panic…again.  I just had outpatient surgery on my uterus in October to reduce heavy bleeding.  Is there a correlation between the two?  At the time, I didn’t know I was walking around with breast cancer, so I wasn’t a “risk”.  I hopped on the phone and called Dr. Kassar to schedule an appointment.  I will meet with him on January 19 to discuss the issue.  I guess I just need to know.  I need him to look me in the eye and tell me “everything is fine” (or not).  That gut-wrenching, nervous feeling has returned with a vengence.  And so I wait…

"You gain strength, experience and confidence by every experience where you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you cannot do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

 

1 comment:

Kathy Summers said...

Yeah for the blog. I have been thinking so much about you. The waiting is the hardest part! I am reliving the pain, both emotional and physical for you. I'll be in your corner cheering you on until you are officially cancer free!! You are in the best hands with Hills and McNamara, together they gave me a new life :)You go girl and save those TATAS!! Kathy