Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Friendship


The story can go no further without taking time to address all the friends and family who came to my rescue during the weeks after surgery.  From phone calls and cards, to goodies and dinners, kindness, concern and generosity flooded our home.  In a world where we are conditioned to think the human race has gone corrupt, I am living proof of a different truth.  To fully explain it would be impossible.  From the Malasian proverb, “one can repay a loan of gold, but a person will die in debt to those who are kind”,  I am forever in debt to the friends and family who gave selflessly and taught my children yet another powerful lesson about life and love.  

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same."

Unknown Author

 

1 comment:

Matthew Lentz said...

Linda...you have been so amazing and brave through all of this, an inspiration to us all!!! I love you with all my heart!!! I am always here for you!!!
Love, Karin