Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My First MRI



The following day, I scheduled my MRI.  The nurse inserted an IV in my hand, gave me some handy dandy headphones, placed me face down on a “bed” with two nifty holes for my breasts, and slid me into the MRI tunnel.  She told me to relax, try not to breath deep, and remain very still.  I’ve just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and you’re telling me to relax?  Needless to say, when someone tells you not to breathe deeply, you focus so much on not breathing deeply, that you end up breathing deeply.  Huhhhh?  After 30 min, she pulled me out informing me that I may have breathed too heavily to get a good reading.  Bummer.  As a teacher, I was hoping for a performance of an A, but it sounded more like I got a C.  

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."      
Unknown author

No comments: